Foley Materials Company is seeking a general labor/heavy equipment operator for our City Pit plant located in Montgomery, AL. This position is responsible for general labor and heavy equipment operation in an efficient, safe and appropriate manner in order to minimize the risk of injury, property damage or loss of life while supporting mining activities. Heavy equipment may include rock truck, packer, rubber tire backhoe, dozer, excavator, scraper, grader and other pieces of equipment. Duties include but are not limited to:
- Weld, fabricate, torch cut as needed.
- Electrical troubleshooting
- Conveyor and screening tasks
- Operates all equipment in an efficient manner and for its intended use while supporting mining activities
- Conducts pre-operational checks on equipment and cleans, lubricates and refills equipment as necessary: notifies the supervisor or foreman of all damaged or unsafe equipment or tools.
- Operates heavy equipment such as backhoes, dozers, loaders and graders to excavate, move, load and grade earth, rock, gravel or other materials during mining related activities
- Operates heavy equipment to move, load and unload materials and supplies.
- Cleans heavy equipment as schedules and/or required, including removing personal belongings and trash from cab and wiping up spills etc.
- Plant maintenance
- Interacts with internal or external customers in a professional, courteous and respectful manner that contributes toward a positive and productive worksite.
Must have experience operating at least some of the following equipment: rock truck, packer, rubber tire backhoe, dozer, excavator (Caterpillar, Hitachi, John Deer and/or Komatsu mini 50’s to 800’s), and single motor scraper.
- Experience operating single engine 621 (G/F) Caterpillar scrapers, D6 (R/T) or D8 (T) Caterpillar or 650 John Deer dozers or 14-140 (H) graders is considered an asset.
- Sound understanding of safety regulations, safe work practices and work procedures and be capable of assisting in maintaining safe work sites.
- Good vision and spatial ability.
- Good eye-hand coordination and good manual dexterity.
- Physical strength and stamina.
- Ability to work independently or as part of a team.
- Basic small hand and power tool knowledge is considered an asset.
- Welding, fabricating, torch cutting experience
- heavy industrial maintenance experience is a plus
- Previous sand/gravel mining experience is a plus
Benefits include: Health insurance, Dental insurance, Vision Insurance, 401(k), Life insurance, Paid Vacation
Foley Products Company is an equal opportunity employer