Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties assigned as required.
- Construct dimensional relationship of one part to another and a relationship of various parts to entire project, utilizing knowledge of engineering practices and mathematics.
- Create sketches of proposed drawings using Microstation, AutoCAD and/or other drawing programs.
- Modify drawings as directed by engineer.
- Prepare concrete structure and formwork drawings for assigned projects incorporating information from project drawings, bulletins, sketches, RFI responses and shop drawings.
- Assist in the design and detailing of forming systems.
- Review and analyze the project documents identifying drawing and specification conflict, insufficient information, and missing dimensions, while contributing ideas to enhance project productivity and cost efficiency.
- Prepare quantity takeoffs and estimates as required.
- Review new bulletins and change orders to identify and quantify changes and incorporate changes into project drawings.
- Notify engineer of changes that might impact material and costs.
- Ensure efficient inventory control and storage of shop drawings and contract documents.
- Contribute to the operations safety goals by identifying and communicating potential hazards during the detailing stage.
- Proactively work to enhance job related skills and acquire overall knowledge of forming and framing systems through study, training and hands on participation in project coordination activities.
- Perform special projects and complete all other duties as assigned or requested.
- Makes final sketch of proposed drawing, checking dimension of parts, materials to be used, relation of one part to another, and relation of various parts to whole structure or project.
- Utilizes knowledge of various machines, engineering practices, mathematics, building materials, and other physical sciences to complete drawings.
- Makes any adjustments or changes necessary or desired.
Two - Four year college or university program certificate; or two to four years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of Microsoft Office word processing software, Microstation and/or Auto CAD design software. Proficiency in Titan, Stack-It, Inventor or other design systems, and Microsoft Access is recommended.
Foley Products Company is an equal opportunity employer