This position is with our sister company, Foley Materials Company, for our plant located in Phenix City, AL.
Position Description: Individual is responsible for managing and directing the activities of production and maintenance of employees at a plant location. Manage the operations including materials and assets involved in the mining, processing, stockpiling, loading and shipping (via truck and rail). Responsible for the safety, health and environmental aspects of the facility. Responsible for fixed and mobile equipment maintenance.
- Plans and schedules production requirements (people and equipment) on a daily basis to meet customer’s needs
- Manages plant production operation to ensure cost efficiency and optimal utilization of plant and equipment
- Manages and supervise activities of production and maintenance personnel.
- Identifies, assesses, prioritizes and resolves production and employee related problems.
- Approves the selection, hiring, training, change of status and separation of employees
- Other duties may be assigned as required
- Minimum 3 years prior work experience in either aggregate or sand/gravel plant.
- Thorough working knowledge of plant operation (aggregate, sand/gravel) and its associated products, processes and related equipment.
- Ability to plan, organize and control all aspects of mine operations.
- Mechanical aptitude
- Strong leadership skills
- Results oriented
- Hands on working knowledge of production processes and ability to work side by side with employees
- Working knowledge of MSHA regulations
- Flexible to work long hours as needed
Foley Materials Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer