The forklift - heavy equipment operator, is responsible for operating heavy equipment in an efficient, safe and appropriate manner in order to minimize the risk of injury, property damage or loss of life while supporting operations activities. Heavy equipment may include 18 - 30 ton lift truck, squeeze band, loader, etc. Duties include but are not limited to:
- Operates all equipment in an efficient manner and for its intended use while supporting precast concrete and pipe manufacturing activities
- Operate heavy equipment, up to 30 ton lifts, in outdoor, unpaved yard environment (warehouse experience not applicable)
- Load and unload precast/concrete pipe product on flatbeds.
- Conducts pre-operational checks on equipment and cleans, lubricates and refills equipment as necessary: notifies the supervisor or foreman of all damaged or unsafe equipment or tools.
- Operates heavy equipment to move, load and unload product, materials and supplies.
- Cleans heavy equipment as scheduled and/or required, including removing personal belongings and trash from cab and wiping up spills etc.
- Interacts with internal or external customers in a professional, courteous and respectful manner that contributes toward a positive and productive worksite.Other
- Other duties as required
- Experience loading, unloading concrete pipe/precast product is preferred
- Sound understanding of safety regulations, safe work practices and work procedures and be capable of assisting in maintaining safe work sites.
- Good vision and spatial ability.
- Good eye-hand coordination and good manual dexterity.
- Physical strength and stamina.
- Ability to work independently or as part of a team.
- Basic small hand and power tool knowledge is considered an asset.
Benefits include: Health insurance, Dental insurance, 401(k), Life insurance, paid vacation
Pre-employment drug test/background check will be conducted
We are an equal opportunity employer