Position Summary: This position is responsible for performing testing on raw materials and finished product, participating in the validation of tests, inspections, processing methods and materials qualifications. Responsible for working with applicable governing jurisdictions such as GDOT, TDOT, ADOT
Essential duties include, but are not limited to the following:
- Perform daily quality assurance activities for the facility, inspecting and testing product and materials as required by the Quality Control Manual and third party agency requirements.
- Performs pre-pour inspections before molds are cleared to be cast.
- Performs post-pour and product acceptance inspections according to Program guidelines and standards.
- Performs product inspections prior to shipment.
- Performs annual form inspection per ACPA requirements.
- Completes compliance documentation and record keeping for the facility.
- Performs daily testing of product (specimen testing, air content, bulk density, spread, VSI, temp, MC% of aggregates) and advises supervisor of any deviations to standards or specifications.
- Provides sales with process/product testing data per customer’s needs.
- Perform monthly & annual material testing & calibrations, ensuring that all materials used meet or exceed requirements (ASTM, DOT, ACPA & Foley).
- Recommend repairs for product as needed and corrective actions on mix design as needed.
- Recommend revisions to drawings as needed.
- Maintain current knowledge of precast processes and equipment through continuing education and industry seminars/publications.
- Minimum High School Diploma (or equivalent) with 1+ years precast concrete experience or related industry or Associates degree in Business, Manufacturing, Engineering Technology, Production, Quality Systems or related field
- ACI Field Testing Technician Level 1 Certification
- ACI Strength Testing Certification
- Concrete cylinder compression testing
- Demonstrated ability to properly use (Lab oven, lab scales, slump cone, unit weight bucket, air meter, thermometer, tape measure, sand-equivalent/hydrometer, sieve analysis and sand equivalent shaker, Schmidt Hammer, organic impurities test)
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Good interpersonal and organizational skills
- Basic mathematical ability
- Ability to operate computer and supporting software packages - working knowledge in Microsoft suite of software required (Outlook, Word, Excel)
- Ability to multitask
Benefits Include: Health, Dental, Vision and Life Insurance; Paid Vacation, 401(k) Plan
Foley Products Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer